ALUMNI PORTAL: FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Registeration on the Alumni Portal can be done with the following procedure:
- The registration on Alumni Portal is done only ONCE and is PERMANENT! Institute will use these credentials for all future communication.
- We only have email ids of about 50% of the alumni, recovered mostly from LDAP records.
Click here to check our records.
- If your roll number appears there, you already would have got an email for verfication of its current usage.
- If you can access the listed email then you can use it to register on the portal.
- If you can access the listed email but want to change it, that you can do that yourself on the portal after registration.
- If you do not remember your roll number, please register on the Alumni Facebook Group and send
a message to the admin, Jhalwa Alumnus.
- If you forget your portal password or if your OTP expiers, click on
Reset password/Resend Token on the login page.
- If either (a) you cannot access your listed email, or (b) your email is not listed, then you will
have to give us an email-id with something that we can verify your claim of being genuine alumni.
It can be done in any ONE of the following ways:
- You can reach out to any of the volunteering mods on the Facebook mods in the Group.
You can find them here.
- This works only if your have an official (not personal email id). Ask any of your friends who are
already registered on the portal to add you. They can do it using 'ADD FRIENDS'
link on the portal they will see after logging in.
To repeat, only official ids will be accepted. However, once you are registered with your email id, you
can change it to your personal email id. (All emails that 'look' personal will be ignored, despite them possibly
Eg: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, etc.)
- Send a picture of your Graduation certificate/Transcript/Grade card along with
roll number to 'alumni.verify_at_iiita.ac.in'
- If you are wondering why this verification is required, please remember, the registration on the portal is permanent.
- For registration/details issues ask Geekhaven on the Facebook.
- For more updates and other queries, visit Alumni Facebook group.